Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bangin' with Ashley


By Ashley Massaro
Written: May 11, 2007
In the last edition of Bangin' with Ashley, she dished on her latest band exploits and promised an exclusive interview with The Hives.
Now, for the interview with The Hives. These guys were definitely super cool. They are from Sweden.
So funny…ya know how people always ask if you know someone from a certain state, meanwhile it’s a huge state, what are the chances of you knowing that person? Well, I totally pulled that on them, only one step worse. I found out they were from Sweden, and I happen to know a model from Sweden. Mind you, all I know is she’s from Sweden, and I have no idea what part or anything. So this jacka** (that would be me), upon meeting them says, “Hey guys, do know this chick Erika Johnson, she’s a model and she lives in Sweden."
Then I realized what a jerk I sounded like…UNTIL…they said, YES we know her, she’s in some movies and such! Apparently, she’s well known over there! So yeah, they saved me from being THAT girl. The idiot.
Anyway, without further rambling, I give you the interview with Nicholas Arson of The Hives:
Q: How did you guys get involved in working with Timbaland?A: He called us. Q: He just asked? A: We knew of him and did the track around May.Q: Sweet! When Timbaland’s tracking you down, that must feel pretty good. Do you have an album coming out or tour we should know about?A: The album should be coming out this fall along with a tour around August. Lately we've been in a few places, including Miami, recording.Q: Who are your musical influences, and what would you describe your sound like?A: We listen to all kinds of music starting with ‘60s and punk. The Sonics, Before The Damned, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys and bands that were around at that same time. The Oblivions and The New Bomb Turks also. We always described our sound as something like a velvet glove with brass knuckles; brutal and sophisticated at the same time.Q: What about your style? It’s very unique. I love it. Derived from anything? (They wear all white and black fitted suits, ties and shoes, very James Bond-esque.)A: We read an article once about Spy vs. Spy from the magazine MAD, and that's where the black and white came from. And black and white photo negs. Which we all dig.Q: How did you like the video shoot overall and the track…were you happy with the way the song turned out?A: I think the song sounds great. So far we’re having fun at the shoot.Q: Have you ever watched wrestling?A: When we were young, we got cable in Sweden around nine or 10 and watched American wrestling aka WWE. We were fans from then on. Our favorites included “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Brutus the Beefcake, Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior and Jimmy Snuka. Q: Do you still live in Sweden?A: Yes, we still live in the same town we grew up in. Two of us live in Stockholm.Q: Where do you like touring the best?A: Southern Europe, everywhere. It’s almost the same because it’s an amazing feeling to tour. The only different feeling place is Japan. They're very organized, they do what they are supposed to do, but as a punk band, to have them react that way at a show, well, it’s kind of weird.
Thanks, Nicholas. Good Luck to all of you guys with the new album, looking forward to it!!!
So I spoke to Lita and she's got some exciting and interesting news about herself and The Luchagors coming up in the next Bangin'. So stay tuned.
Speaking of other Superstars, I've decided my next victim to interrogate is going to be none other than the Dancin’ Divas themselves: Extreme Exposé:
Q: Kelly, what music runs through your iPod most often? A: Probably hip-hop. I love rap. (Yes, I know having spent some time in the locker room with you hehe). My iPod is very ghetto fab. My favorite songs are "Throw it on Me" by Timbaland, (kiss a** hahaha, j/k) Trina, Trick Daddy, and Three 6 Mafia.
Q: How about you, Brooke? What are you into these days?A: I have a wide range of music, lots of classic rock. Def Leppard is my favorite band of all time. I also like AC/DC, Billy Idol, Ozzy, Three Days Grace, Trapt, Linkin Park, Disturbed. Then I go to rap and hip-hop like Timbaland, Ying Yang twins, even a little bit of country – Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Garth Brooks.
Q: What about you, Layla? What do you like to shake that butt to?A: Hip-hop. I love Timbaland’s whole new album. Also, “Put Some D’s on It.” I love that song by Rich Boy. The new Mya song with Lil Wayne "Lock You Down" is great too. Also, I'm listening to my old school R&B songs in a nice, slow way.
Q: As a whole, what would be the ultimate song Extreme Exposé would like to dance to on ECW?A: There's so many that it’s so hard to choose from. Ok, top three...that’s why we like doing the Exposé, because every week we get to showcase a different song and style. We like to change it up. Next on the wish list, though, would be “Cherry Pie” by Warrant for Brooke, "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake for Kelly Kelly, And for Layla some Miami flavor, like a “Luke” song and really shake that booty!
Ok, that about wraps up this week’s edition of Bangin’. Thanks for stopping by, y’all. I think my Playboy is finally off newsstands, but can be purchased at Playboy.com if ya missed it. I still am shocked they let my piercings and tats stay. It’s such an honor for me to be breaking the mold of your "standard Playboy chick". That's what's most cool about having done this issue – paving the way for more altered beauties that aren't your cookie cutter mold. I'm proud of that, and hope this issue sells well so that different things are considered when choosing cover girls and Playmates.Thanks for listening to my rants, dudes.
Love you guys...
Tunes of the day:“Interesting Drug”- Morrissey“Entrance of the Conflagration”- Trivium“Don't cry out”- Shiny Toy Guns“Oh the Guilt”- Nirvana“I Don't Love you”- My Chemical Romance
Xoxo,Ashley

No comments: